Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Release v10.1.9.6 - quick beta test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was going to release v10.2 without beta testing. But I prefer to have you test this release because I introduced some changes in the core of the build menu code to support the new property "Hide this favorite" (in addition to the existing "Disable this favorite"). Please, give it a try.

Version BETA: 10.1.9.6 (2019-10-26)

- fix display bug in "Add Favorite", "Menu Options" tab when displaying the "Set Windows folder icon" link
- add a delay to allow the "Add This Folder or Web page" command to work when adding a folder in Windows Explorer, when called from a QAP menu that was triggered by the QAPmessenger "ShowMenuLaunch" command
- when using QAPmessenger to open the menu with 1st parameter ShowMenuNavigate, support a 2nd parameter to indicate what menu to show ("Main" menu by default)

Version BETA: 10.1.9.5 (2019-10-23)

Options, Menu Appearance
- add distinct options for hotstrings reminders (do not display, abbreviated or complete)
- distinct options for shortcut and hotstrings to display reminders on the left side (between parenthesis after the name) or to align them to the right side of the menu

Add/Edit Favorite
- fix bug in "Add Active Folder or Web page" command making adding web pages more reliable
- in "Menu Options" tab, add links to select icons from Window files Shell32.dll and ImageRes.dll

Version BETA: 10.1.9.4 (2019-10-22)
- fix bug when using QAPmessenger to open the menu with 1st parameter LaunchFromMsg

Version BETA: 10.1.9.3 (2019-10-21)
- adding debugging code
- includes the new QAPmessenger.exe file

Version BETA: 10.1.9.2 (2019-10-21)
- fix bug related to hidden items introduced in v10.1.9.1

Version BETA: 10.1.9.2 (2019-10-21)

Add/Edit Favorite
- add an option in "Basic Settings" tab to hide favorites from menu but keep their shortcuts/hotstrings active (submenu supported)

Placeholders
- new placeholder {Input:prompt} asking user an input when the favorite is launched (can be used in Snippets or file paths)
- add placeholder {Now:format} with format based on AHK date-time formats (https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/FormatTime.htm) (can be used in Snippets or file paths)
- in "Add/Edit Favorite" dialog box example for the {Clipboard} placeholder, expand the example with the fix string "Clipboard" instead of the actual Clipboard content

QAPmessenger
- when using QAPmessenger to open the menu with 1st parameter LaunchFromMsg, support a 2nd parameter to indicate what menu to show ("Main" menu by default)

Options
- in "Options, Popup Menu", replace the simple mouse trigger exclusion list with an option to make this list an applications blacklist (as actual, default value) or an applications whitelist (block the mouse trigger in all applications windows except those in the list)

This beta test phase is now over. Thanks.
Oops... there is an issue with this release. I'll be back with v10.1.9.2 when this is fixed.
A small bug in BETA v10.1.9.1 has been fixed in v10.1.9.2. The upload link has been updated in the original post.

Thanks,

Jean
I'm wondering how you did change the QAPmessenger because the Zip Archive doesn't contain a new one ?
And I get always an error when I try any QAP invokation by clicking the tray icon or starting QAPmessenger.
So I'm back on10.1.1 x64 portable
(2019-10-21 11:32)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering how you did change the QAPmessenger because the Zip Archive doesn't contain a new one ?

Oups. I forgot to update the beta package with this file. Done now. You could re-download the v10.1.9.2 file.

(2019-10-21 11:32)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]And I get always an error when I try any QAP invokation by clicking the tray icon or starting QAPmessenger.

The menu does not show when you click the tray icon? This must be related to changes for "hidden" favorites. Would you send me your quickaccesspopup.ini file?

Thanks,

Jean
(2019-10-21 14:38)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21 11:32)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering how you did change the QAPmessenger because the Zip Archive doesn't contain a new one ?

Oups. I forgot to update the beta package with this file. Done now. You could re-download the v10.1.9.2 file.

(2019-10-21 11:32)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]And I get always an error when I try any QAP invokation by clicking the tray icon or starting QAPmessenger.

The menu does not show when you click the tray icon? This must be related to changes for "hidden" favorites. Would you send me your quickaccesspopup.ini file?

Thanks,

Jean

I will send the ini file and the error message.
Send to JeanLalonde@QuickAccessPopup.com
Thanks for the ini file. But I was not able to reproduce this issue.

I added some debugging code to v10.1.9.3 (link updated above). Could you try with this new release and the debug instructions I'll send you by email.

Thanks,

Jean
I didn't see / receive an email notice about this beta release. I was checking some settings and checked for updates and I found out about it that way.
In the beta testers forum home pagel click the "Subscribe" link, top-right.

https://forum.quickaccesspopup.com/forum...php?fid=11

[Image: fNSqCpf.png]
https://i.imgur.com/fNSqCpf.png
(2019-10-21 16:18)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the ini file. But I was not able to reproduce this issue.

I added some debugging code to v10.1.9.3 (link updated above). Could you try with this new release and the debug instructions I'll send you by email.

Thanks,

Jean

I've send the Debug results.
As the error only happens if QAP is invoked using the QAPmessenger
I guess its somehow related to the change;
"QAPmessenger

- when using QAPmessenger to open the menu with 1st parameter LaunchFromMsg, support a 2nd parameter to indicate what menu to show ("Main" menu by default)
@Horst: Got it. Thanks for your help :-)

v10.1.9.4 is available (link updated in first post). I one could confirm the new "Hide" option works as expected.
(2019-10-22 10:05)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]@Horst: Got it. Thanks for your help :-)

v10.1.9.4 is available (link updated in first post). I one could confirm the new "Hide" option works as expected.

Works fine again from QAPmessenger.
The new Hide option is working for me.
What I don't see is any new QAPmessenger.exe as you say for v10.1.9.3
its still the version 1.3.0.0 from October 2018 !?
(2019-10-22 10:15)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't see is any new QAPmessenger.exe as you say for v10.1.9.3
its still the version 1.3.0.0 from October 2018 !?

Sorry again. I mixed files when I added the digital signature. The file in the ZIP file is now the good one (1.4 dated 2019-10-21 15:21). Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks also for checking the Hide feature.
Hello Jean,

I get multiple times an error popup if I want to include an URL. Any idea why that happens now?

"Add Active Folder or Web Page => "Sorry, we can't detect the current folder in this type of window. Do you want to add a favorite folder manually now?"

Best regards,
Tilman
I use the function "Add Active Folder or Web page" often and tested it again.
It gives me the error:
"Sorry, we can't detect the current folder in this type of window. Do you want to add a favorite folder manually now?"
but only if I start this QAP function via the QAPmessenger.
It works fine if started QAP from the tray icon.
Tested in Firefox,  Chrome and Chrome based Edge.
I guess that is a problem which can't be solved
as its caused by the problem what windows has the focus if QAP is not startet from the tray icon.
Thanks for reporting these issues. I get error myself using Chrome but not with Firefox or Explorer.

I'll look at it.
(2019-10-23 09:49)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting these issues. I get error myself using Chrome but not with Firefox or Explorer.

I'll look at it.

I found the best way to use it is assigning a hotkey (Ctrl-Shift-A in my case).
That works in all browers I have without problems (Firefox, Chrome, Chrome based Edge)
(2019-10-23 03:12)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]but only if I start this QAP function via the QAPmessenger.

@Horst: could you give me more details on how you start this function with QAPmessenger? You use the parameter QAPmessenger "AddFolder"? And how do you launch it?
(2019-10-23 12:30)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23 03:12)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]but only if I start this QAP function via the QAPmessenger.

@Horst: could you give me more details on how you start this function with QAPmessenger? You use the parameter QAPmessenger "AddFolder"? And how do you launch it?

I don't use AddFolder directly.
I use an Autohotkey script by double clicking on the taskbar or make a stroke-it gesture to start
QAPmessenger.exe ShowMenuLaunch
From the QAP Pop-up I select the "Add Active Folder or Web page" favorite.

Testing with QAPmessenger.exe AddFolder shows the same problem.
I fixed an error in the Add This Web page command. This will make the command more reliable. This will be in the next beta release.

(2019-10-23 12:53)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use AddFolder directly.
I use an Autohotkey script by double clicking on the taskbar or make a stroke-it gesture to start
QAPmessenger.exe ShowMenuLaunch
From the QAP Pop-up I select the "Add Active Folder or Web page" favorite.

I'm not sure what you mean by stroke-it gesture and how you capture this to launch you command but if the gesture can be made while the browser is the active window, this could work. If not, as you said earlier, it could be because QAP can't find what window to get the URL from.

(2019-10-23 12:53)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]Testing with QAPmessenger.exe AddFolder shows the same problem.

This command would require a 3rd parameter with the location. I understand this would not apply to your scenario.

Code:
QAPmessenger.exe AddFolder  C:\Test
This should be the last beta release before v10.2, unless we find something else in the next days.

Version BETA: 10.1.9.5 (2019-10-23)

Options, Menu Appearance
- add distinct options for hotstrings reminders (do not display, abbreviated or complete)
- distinct options for shortcut and hotstrings to display reminders on the left side (between parenthesis after the name) or to align them to the right side of the menu

Add/Edit Favorite
- fix bug in "Add Active Folder or Web page" command making adding web pages more reliable
- in "Menu Options" tab, add links to select icons from Window files Shell32.dll and ImageRes.dll

Link updated in the original post.
Version 10.1.9.5 portable version: all additional files are missing in the zip file (only .exe files included)
Sorry. I’ll fix this Tomorrow AM.
Hello Jean,
as expected the new version doesn't change the behaviour of the AddFolder feature.
The stroke-it tool allows to send keys or start programs as reaction to screen gestures with the mouse.
The browser still has the focus while the gesture is taken.
I also have assigned the QAPmessenger to a key of my Logitech keyboard
and this also fails some times if I then start the AddFolder favorite from the QAP pop-up.
No real problem for me as the QAP hotkey solution works always and in all browsers.
@CyberMCM: I've uploaded the full quickaccesspopup-10_1_9_5-beta.zip file. You can redownload it.

@Horst: I have a Logitech mouse. I'll check if I can enable gesture triggers. If not, I'll use a batch file to send the QAPmessenger AddFolder command and add the batch file to QAP menu. It should produce similar results.
Pages: 1 2