Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Windows EnvVars only loaded for QAP on QAP launch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it correct & expected that QAP only grabs Windows Environmental Variables on QAP launch? Is there a way to force a refresh-load of EnvVars from within QAP, or is a quit & restart of QAP the best/only way?

I created a new Windows EnvVar (User vars, but I assume it would apply to System Vars) and then launched a program. If I launched the program from the Windows Start menu, it used the new EnvVar for the program's behavior. But if launched the same program (with same start dir) from QAP the new EnvVar wasn't used by the program. I was thinking I might need to reboot Windows when I instead quit & restarted QAP, then again launched the program from QAP. *Then* the program used the new EnvVar for its behavior.
> Is it correct & expected that QAP only grabs Windows Environmental Variables on QAP launch? Is there a way to force a refresh-load of EnvVars from within QAP, or is a quit & restart of QAP the best/only way?

Environment variables used in favorites are read each time the QAP menu is refreshed: when you save favorites in the "Customize" window or when you select "Tools, Refresh Live Folders and  Shared menus". Variables used in the configuration are read only at startup, or when you save the options.