Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Live Folders - Unusual characters at the end of a filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If there are two or more files with the same name in a folder, an underline character "_" is displayed at the end of the file. Is there any way to get rid of it because it looks bad?

[Image: qq.png]

Installation version (latest beta)
How can more than one file in a folder have the same name under Windows file system ?
Thats not possible, at least the extension must then be different.
There cannot be two menu items with the same name. In fact, trying to create the second item would overwrite the existing one. The "_" is added automatically by QAP to avoid duplicate names.

Horst answer is correct. If you deselect the option to hide file extensions in this live Folder, all items will be different and there will be no "_".
I am just asking out of curiosity. It goes without saying that I am talking about files with the same name but different extensions. Either way it looks bad in this case. The question is whether in this case QAP could not hide these underline characters. QAP must process it but not necessarily display it.

[Image: 2022-05-08-09-17-001.png]

For comparison the view in Windows Explorer, as you can see Windows does not add superfluous characters to the end of the file name. Well, if you can't do it, so be it.

[Image: 000.png]
> There cannot be two menu items with the same name. In fact, trying to create the second item would overwrite the existing one. The "_" is added automatically by QAP to avoid duplicate names.
OK, I understand