Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Favorite App Crashing on Activate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An app/program is crashing when selected/activated from QAP.
I get a brief Windows message "Program Has Stopped Working" before it disappears.

If I activate the program from a Desktop shortcut with the same exact path as what is defined in QAP, the program initiates and runs just fine.

What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Delain
(2022-04-24 09:27)Delain Wrote: [ -> ]An app/program is crashing when selected/activated from QAP.
I get a brief Windows message "Program Has Stopped Working" before it disappears.

If I activate the program from a Desktop shortcut with the same exact path as what is defined in QAP, the program initiates and runs just fine.

What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Delain

What program is it? If others have had the same problem they can share their solution with you.

-Dale
You probably need to set the proper "Start In" folder in favorite's "Advanced Settings". This folder is normally the folder where the app stores its data. Check your Desktop shortcut properties to see what it is.
(2022-04-24 10:47)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]You probably need to set the proper "Start In" folder in favorite's "Advanced Settings". This folder is normally the folder where the app stores its data. Check your Desktop shortcut properties to see what it is.

That seems to have fixed it.

Thank you,
Delain

How do I tag this as Solved?
> How do I tag this as Solved?

There is not a specific feature for this on this forum. But you can change the icon of the first post of the thread to the green checkmark. I do it myself usually when a thread is solved.