Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: QAP Icon System Tray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am trying to move the QAP icon to persistently display on the taskbar (not in the tray itself). The only option I have under - Taskbar - Other system tray icons the only choice I have is Quick Access Popup (Windows Launcher) which if I choose it I then get 2 icons in the taskbar one for the launcher and the other for QAP. Is there any way around this? I just wanted to have QAP in the taskbar if for any reason the popup menu doesn't come up and its another way to access it.

Thanks
Why don't you have Windows configured to always show the QAP icon with the tray icons.
This way it is always visible.
Also you have the hotkey which brings up the favorite menu.
Hi,

> one for the launcher and the other for QAP

There are no two QAP icons. "Quick Access Popup (Windows Launcher)" is the popup label associated to the QAP icon. Sometimes Windows displays the icon twice but it is the same icon.

I think that what you want is to make this icon always visible on the first level of the Notification zone. Please read:
https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/how-can...ions-zone/

Jean
@Horst: I did not see you reply while I was writing mine :-)
(2022-04-07 07:53)Horst Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you have Windows configured to always show the QAP icon with the tray icons.
This way it is always visible.
Also you have the hotkey which brings up the favorite menu.

It does show however not always down in the taskbar, I have to click to open the tray and find it. I do have a hotkey configured also but I just wanted it displayed down on the taskbar also.
@jwatsonx: Have you seen my reply after the reply from Horst? Just above...
(2022-04-07 09:03)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]@jwatsonx: Have you seen my reply after the reply from Horst? Just above...

I'm guessing the issue may be that that setting has not been reimplemented in Windows 11 because I can no longer find it like it was win Windows 10
In Windows 11, this is what you are looking for:

[Image: DRPDreB.png]

I'll add this link to the knowledge base page:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/show-al...indows-11/
Yes understood. I'm using an insider preview of Windows 11 though, so it looks a bit different however I believe that is what I was already referring to. There is only an option to either show or not show the Quick Access Popup (Windows launcher)

I have tried to paste in images before in my posts. Is there something special I need to do because it always ends up showing the image code in the preview instead of that actual image.
One of the options for the Notification Area Icons in the latest official windows version is
"Show Icons and Notifications"
I don't belive that this will be removed in insider versions.
Pasting images in this forum editor is currently buggy. You have 2 options:

- attach images by clicking the "New attachment" button at the bottom of the editor
- or save you image to a cloud service (like imgur.com) and use the button "Insert an image" on the toolbar and enter the URL of your image.

More info in this post.

PS: About saving screen clipping to Imgur, I recommend the screen clipping tool I use Greenshot (freeware) that integrates very well with Imgur. When you select to send your screen clip to Imgur, Greenshot automatically upload it for you and copy the image URL to your clipboard.