Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Inserting plain text from the clipboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am new here, have installed QAP (version 11.5.6 setup version, Windows 10) and I am excited about the possibilities. My preferred manager is FreeCommander XE. So far I used AutoHotkey, but QAP offers much more possibilities.

I am looking for a way to insert the contents of the clipboard simply by pressing a key as plain text, i.e. without formatting, even if the text was copied from Word, LibreOffice or from tables. Unfortunately, my search in the forum did not yield anything. Sorry if I didn't search properly.

Does this possibility exist in QAP? Or how could this be set up?

Yours sincerely,
Yellowstone
Hello Yellowstone,

Welcome to the QAP forum.

Yes. You could create a Snippet favorite named, for ex., "Paste as text" with only the following placeholder in it:

Code:
{Clipboard}

Assign a hotkey to your Snippet and you're done. This will paste the current content of the Clipboard as text in the active window.

About Snippets: https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/how-do-...o-my-menu/
About placeholders: https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/can-i-i...ceholders/

---

Alternatively, since you know AHK, you could create an AHK file with only these two lines in it:

Code:
Clipboard := Clipboard
Send, ^v

The first line will convert the content of the Clipboard to text only. The second will paste it. Now, in QAP, create an "Application" favorite and enter the path to your script.
Hello Jean,

thank you very much for your answer. it works partly the way i need it. However, if I want to insert several lines, I have to choose one line, look screenshot. Is there also a possibility to combine the lines, delete CR? Windows cannot do this.

With kind regards,
Heiner
[attachment=252]
> Is there also a possibility to combine the lines, delete CR? Windows cannot do this.

No. QAP can't do that either.

> However, if I want to insert several lines, I have to choose one line, look screenshot.

Maybe converting your Snippet with the placeholder {Clipboard} to Macro mode would help pasting on multiple lines in this dialog box. Not guarantee but it may worth a try.