Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: My Snippets, RDS and Copy bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I create a "My Snippet " with some text, i.e Welcome01. I set a hotkey like ctrl-shift-0
Test in note pad, pass
Open a remote desktop window, size normal (not maximized so my shortcut will work) 
Test in Note pad, pass
Copy something on the rds
Test my ctrl-shift-0 shortcut, fail
instead of typing my snippet, this time the shortcut will paste the clipboard content. The My Snippet shortcut does not work on RDS when there is something in the RDS clipboard.

Now, I try to create the same shortcut in AutoHotkey
!+0::
Send, Welcome01
return

This will work in RDS even when there is something in the rds clipboard.
Hi Philippe,

QAP is using the Clipboard to paste snippets because it is much faster.

The AutoHotkey Send send each key individually and this is much much slower that copying the snippet to the Clipboard and use the Send comment to send only ^v (Ctrl + V).

However, this seems to cause issue in the setup you describe. Is your local PC Clipboard synchronized with your remote PC Clipboard? If yes, maybe the ^v is sent before the Clipboard sync is completed?
(2022-03-24 13:09)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Philippe,

QAP is using the Clipboard to paste snippets because it is much faster.

The AutoHotkey Send send each key individually and this is much much slower that copying the snippet to the Clipboard and use the Send comment to send only ^v (Ctrl + V).

However, this seems to cause issue in the setup you describe. Is your local PC Clipboard synchronized with your remote PC Clipboard? If yes, maybe the ^v is sent before the Clipboard sync is completed?

Hi it is remote desktop. I know that I can copy something in rds and paste it to my local machine.
I use the snippet for a short string such as a password. If it was for a blob of text I would not like a key by key behavior for sure.
Not a big deal, for this type of short snippets I can use AutoHotkey as long as I do not have to type "uy#$gwefb652RRR4~" 50 times a day everyday, I am happy.
The reason why I thought I could use Quick Access popup was about sharing the love with my colleagues.
I can show them how great Quick Access popup is and convince them to use it since it is a 0 code tool.
I would not advertise AutoHotKey since it requires coding. My business colleagues will never use it.
Thanks for the follow-up, Philippe. And thanks for sharing :-)
(2022-03-25 14:19)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the follow-up, Philippe. And thanks for sharing :-)

I also use Ditto for transient repeating copy paste and between Ditto, AutoHotkey, Quick Access Popup, Autofill browser extension and Power Automate desktop I have got quite a big toolbox for my automation needs.
My old UIPath is in cold storage now :-)
Quote:My old UIPath is in cold storage now :-)

You sound like me Big Grin , several different tools to create a workflow.
But, UIPath is way to much work, it is excellent in an enterprise setting (the Orchestrator, controlling robots, git integration etc), but I find that QAP with some other tools and some scripts covers 98% of what I need.
I've also ditched PA desktop on my private PC's and my little lab.

Welcome to the QAP cult!

Cheers
-joeNOR