Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Critical Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
QAP Version 11.5.6
Installed using Setup program
Windows Explorer
Windows Version 10 (21H2)

I have a small executable used to format data written in-house.  With these recent updates, when I try now to use QAP I get this error.  It happens once I enter the Windows Explorer browse dialog and then press the middle mouse button key to activate QAP.  Note, the line # and message seems to randomly change.

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

Hard to tell what causes this error if the line # changes each time. When you say "With these recent updates" do you mean updates of QAP or of this in-house program?
You could try changing the QAP trigger to another mouse button.
https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/what-ar...up_hotkeys
(2022-03-23 11:22)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Chuck,

Hard to tell what causes this error if the line # changes each time. When you say "With these recent updates" do you mean updates of QAP or of this in-house program?

Updates to QAP.  The program on our end has not changed for a long time.

(2022-03-23 11:33)CLawson25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-23 11:22)Jean Lalonde Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Chuck,

Updates to QAP.  The program on our end has not changed for a long time.

Also, if I use the keyboard hot key combo, it does not happen.
Have you tried changing the QAP trigger to another mouse button? This could help locate the issue.

Have you notice when the issue occurred? You could try to go back to a previous QAP version.

What makes you tell that the error is related to your in-house program?
Where can I go to get previous versions? I can go backwards and then tell you where it was introduced. I did try a different mouse button with same results.
The issue could also be caused by another change in your system (Windows update, etc.). You will know if the issue is still there with older versions.

Archives are here: https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/download/archives/
I recommend not going before v11.5. There has been changes "NOT backward compatible" changes in v11.4.

Change log is here:
https://www.quickaccesspopup.com/change-log/
I went back several versions and can reproduce. This lines up with your suggestion about this likely being caused by a Windows Update. This I will not be able to trouble shoot. The executable I am referring to is downloadable on a public wiki. If you want to pursue that avenue please email my personal email account and I will provide you a link and also how to reproduce with a video. Thank you for your feedback and hard work!
Can you confirm that when this app is not running, QAP is fine?

Were you able to reproduce the issue on another system?

You can send me additional info at support@quickaccesspopup.com.