QAP Support Forum

Full Version: From "Add Active favorite folder or webpage" to an intelligent "Add active window"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A more intelligent "Add active window" would work something like this:

If the current window is Windows Explorer -> add a Folder (as in current "Add Active Folder or Web Page")
else If the current window is a browser -> add a Link (as in current "Add Active Folder or Web Page")
else If the clipboard contains text -> ask if we should add the running Application or a text Snippet (new)
else -> add the running Application using the current window's *.exe path (new)

I don't see how QAP could detect the current document path in any application. So, adding a Document would not be an option.

This would require much investigation and tests to be reliable in all (or most) windows.
That seems like a sensible logic flow. 

Presumably QAP will do a 'copy' command when the Add Active command is used.  That way it can determine if there is text on the clipboard.  I don't know if this is possible, but have QAP assess whether the contents of the clipboard is text, file, or folder

Then the logic flow might be:

If the clipoard contains a folder -and- the current window is NOT Windows Explorer, add selected folder.
else If clipboard conains folder -and- the current window is Windows Explorer-> ask user if we add currently open folder, or selected subfolder. 
else If the clipoard contains a file-and- the current window is NOT Windows Explorer, add selected file
else If clipboard conains file -and- the current window is Windows Explorer -> ask user if we add currently open folder, or selected file.
 ;Note that if a file or folder were currently selected, you'd usually be in Windows Explorer, (or the Desktop?)
else If clipboard contains text, -and- the current window is a browser  ->  ask user if we add a web Link or a snippet.
else If clipboard does not contain text -and- the current window is a browser  ->  add a web Link
else If clipboard contains text, -and- the current window is not a browser  ->  ask if we should add the running Application or a text Snippet (new)
else -> add the running Application using the current window's *.exe path (new)

....I'm not sure if that logic is sound...  I hurt my brain a little typing it.  LOL

*Note that when checking for "Windows Explorer" QAP should also check for the currently assigned 'Preferred file manager.'  In my case that's XYplorer via QAPconnect.  

Just some ideas....   Big Grin
Hi,

My brain is too damaged at this time of the day to analyse this now. But I'll be back to it when time comes for this request.

Thanks for your input,
Jean