Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: V11 purchase user journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jean,

with my commitment to support your QAP work I managed to install V11 together with a yearly license successfully.
I am writing this feedback as you might consider to optimize the journey for users who upgrade to V11.

From your postings I understood that I need a new license.
On the QAP Shop website I was looking how to do it. Login? I failed with my QAP forum login. Silly me. Of course, purchase or license stuff is probably separated from forum chatter.

Ok, I need a new login. Login user journeys usually go together with a “register” button, in case you do not have an account. 
I could not find one on the QAP Shop website.

Ok, maybe this comes later. I downloaded and installed V11. In the license dialog I entered my email address and it worked. I received an email “Login details to manage your Quick Access Popup license”. Ah! Now I can actually login in the QAP Shop webpage.

As the “Login details” were being sent in clear text email it is good practice to change the (temporary) password. I was not asked to change it. But of course I was able to do it in my QAP Shop profile settings.

The QAP Shop profile settings mention a field “Display name publicly as…” which confused me. I thought my public appearance is via the QAP forum account. Who is going to watch my shopping and license activities in public?

Thank you for your good work.
Thanks for the early feedback.

Yes, the forum and license tolls are separate and login credentials are distinct. I could not change the way these tools work but I can certainly improve the communication around this. You are correct: this is a good practice to change the auto generated password sent by email. I don't think I can automate a prompt to change password but I can probably add a message about this in the login info email.

Noted.

Thanks,

Jean