Jean Lalonde Support Forum

Full Version: Option open new tabs in left or right pane of DOpus/TC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(QAP 9.4.1.5, DOpus 12.12, Win10Pro 1809)

I usually use DOpus with the Dual Vertical - Lister.

When I select a folder on QAP with DOpus not running or hidden, the folder opens in DOpus' left pane.

Is there a way to force this 'default' to the right pane?
(2019-03-25 03:48)mjucker Wrote: [ -> ](QAP 9.4.1.5, DOpus 12.12, Win10Pro 1809)

I usually use DOpus with the Dual Vertical - Lister.

When I select a folder on QAP with DOpus not running or hidden, the folder opens in DOpus' left pane.

Is there a way to force this 'default' to the right pane?

Hi mjucker,

No. This can be added to QAP when you add/edit a folder when Directory Opus or Total Commander is the active file manager. I'll move this thread to a "Wished items" section.

But there is a workaround until this is added: you could create a group, then add a folder favorite in the group and select "Display on side: Right".

Jean
Thank you for putting this on the wish-list.

The workaround with groups isn't exactly what I want, because it will ALWAYS open a folder on the right side, even when I hover on the left. An option for something like "default open on the right when lister hidden or dopus not running" would be perfect (for me :-))

Martin
(2019-03-27 06:07)mjucker Wrote: [ -> ]The workaround with groups isn't exactly what I want, because it will ALWAYS open a folder on the right side, even when I hover on the left. An option for something like "default open on the right when lister hidden or dopus not running" would be perfect (for me :-))

Oh, this is different than what I noted. The option will appear only for folders (and special folders + FTP) if you run DOpus or TC and could be named:

Open by default on side: Left / Right

Thanks,

Jean
Revisiting this suggestions with a more detailed description.

Under the checkbox "Use tabs instead of opening in a new window" (in "Options, File Managers"), add radio buttons:
* Open new tabs on the left side
* Open new tabs on the right side

Default: left.
These radio buttons would be disabled if the "Use tabs" check box is disabled.
I added a third button for the default behaviour of DOpus and TC:

* Open new tabs on the active side
* Open new tabs on the left side
* Open new tabs on the right side

This will be available in the next major release.
This was added to release v11.0.